Part-time Administrative Assistant
Heights-Hillcrest Regional Chamber of Commerce (HRCC) is seeking an energetic professional who enjoys working collaboratively to support our business office. While initially, the job is part-time (approximately 15 hours /week) and focused on information management and member services, the position comes with significant opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
The assistant works with HRCC’s Executive Director to handle daily operational detail, including (but not limited to) communication with members, member data management, financial record keeping, and event support and staffing. Our administrative assistant is often the first person with whom our public comes into contact, via phone or in person at our events, and therefore requires an outgoing, professional demeanor. The candidate should also have a proactive, promotional attitude, an excellent eye for detail, and be capable of both taking direction and managing assigned tasks independently. Competence with Microsoft Office software is a must. Experience working with nonprofits, volunteers, QuickBooks, customer relations management software, and social media/marketing are a plus. Must be coachable.
Applicant must have flexibility to participate in events outside the normal M-F 9am to 5pm (e.g., breakfast, after-hour events, etc.), and at various locations. Must have reliable transportation.
Posted: November 1, 2017
Applications: Accepted until December 1, 2017.
Type: Part-time (approx 15 hours/week)
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Demonstrated customer service skills and experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional mindset
- Takes both initiative and direction well
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Coachable / eager to learn
- Marketing and social media experience a plus
- High School diploma or higher
- Maintains membership database
- Manages and supports event registration
- Handles invoicing, bill payments, bank deposits accurately
- Answers phones, builds rapport with members and the public
- Handles various correspondence
- Must be present at all HRCC events
- Participates on select HRCC planning committees
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to Karen Schaefer, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions: Call 216-397-7322.
Download a PDF of the above position description here.